A dental crown is a ‘cap’ that is placed over a damaged tooth in order to restore its size, shape, and strength and to improve its appearance. A crown fully enclosed the visible portion of the tooth above the gum line.
Porcelain or ceramic crowns can be matched to the color of natural teeth. Other materials used can include gold and metal alloys, acrylic, and ceramic. Porcelain bonded to a metal shell is often used because it is strong and closely resembles a natural tooth.
Comprehensive Dental may recommend a crown to:
- Replace a large filling when there isn’t enough tooth remaining
- Protect a weak tooth from fracturing
- Restore a fractured tooth
- Attach a bridge
- Cover a dental implant
- Cover a discolored or poorly shaped tooth
- Cover a tooth that has had root canal treatment
Contact Comprehensive Dental Care
Comprehensive Dental Care can help you determine if a crown might be a procedure that you can benefit from. Contact us today to make an appointment.